Monday, August 21, 2006

INJURIES STILL SUCK
Monday, August 21, 2006

Indian Ladder Trail photo slideshow

At least I've managed to get a little more sleep over the past two nights, though I suspect it will be a good while before I can sleep on my back or in my bed again. Aargh...

Ann just headed back to Rochester. It was great having her here - both because she helped me do stuff that I either couldn't have done or which would have taken me much longer (like buying cases of water and soda) and because she helped distract me and keep my from going even crazier than I've been. And because she's my sweetheart. I miss her already.

Woke up to a rainy morning yesterday - that probably contributed to what looked like a fairly low turnout for the Savoy Trail Races. 20 miles in the rain and post-rain humidity wouldn't have been fun... but I really wish I could have done that race. I was really looking forward to it.



Late in the afternoon we went up to Thacher and walked along the Indian Ladder Trail (both the upper and lower trails.) While we were on the lower trail a brief thunderstorm blew through - no rain where we were, but we could see some lightning off in the distance. Pretty cool. The walk was fun - as long as I take it slow and easy that seems to be OK. I suspect I'll be taking a lot of walks over the next week or longer (depending on when I can get back to some running and riding) to keep from going stir crazy and to maintain a tiny bit of my fitness level.



Nothing new to report on the injuries. My wrist seems to be healing, as do the groin pulls. The rest is still sore and swollen and probably will be for some time. Gah.



Ironically, today I received a very nice cycling jersey that I won on Ebay, several days before I crashed. Shame it probably won't be seeing much use this fall... maybe it will be warm enough and I'll be healthy enough to use it at the Rochester Autumn Classic Duathlon on October 1.

Oh, well. Time to go watch some TV before I figure out what's on tap for this evening.

JMH