Tuesday, April 03, 2007

22 Mile Ride to Colonie & Back
Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Today is the last day of our spring break, and looking back, it seems like I've accomplished very little this time around... other than a trip to Niagara Falls, travelling to eastern NH and running the Eastern States 20 Mile, spending a weekend at the Saratoga Martial Arts Festival, and doing a lot of updating/tweaking/streamlining of the blog beast (including switching over to the new layout tool and converting all pictures to insertions within a text post.) Guess I got a little more sleep than usual too, which I can't knock.

Unfortunately, the car is feeling its age (13 years and 309,000 miles) and in need of some (probably) expensive repair work that I can't afford right now, so I'm going to be doing much of my travelling by foot or by bike for a little while. Today was the first major example of that - I biked over to the karate school to take care of some administrative work. It was a nice day for a ride, and I made good time - a little over 90 minutes for a 22 mile round trip. I must say, though, that sharing the road with all those cars isn't my idea of a relaxing ride. On the other hand, the traffic did encourage me to keep up my pace, which I don't always do when I'm riding the bike paths.

Back to work tomorrow... it will be nice to see some of the kids again, but I can't really say I mind staying home, doing whatever I want whenever I want, and collecting a paycheck every two weeks. I like my job, but sometimes it just seems to get in the way of the really important things in life (seeing Ann, running, riding, martial arts, reading, and sleeping... for starters!)

JMH