Sunday, November 02, 2008

MINNEWASKA + TURTLE = OUTDOOR GOODNESS! - Part 1
Waiting for the Race to Begin...
Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a gorgeous day for the race - bright and sunny. Drive down was beautiful, even with the leaves past peak. And I think that was snow I saw up on one of the Catskills...

The forecast called for temperatures in the low to mid 50's... I'm glad I brought a variety of clothes, because with the cold breeze that kept sweeping across the top of the ridge I think it was more like the 40's. Not bad in the sunshine, but in the shade... brrr.

I arrived about an hour early to make sure I'd get a decent parking spot... not to worry, there was hardly anyone there, but the lot filled up fast. After registering I grabbed my camera and wandered around a bit, as usual. Got some nice pictures, then headed back to the car to gear up. After half a dozen changes of clothes, I finally settled on shorts, a long-sleeved top, and a short-sleeved top over that, along with gloves and 180's (ear warmers) tucked in the pockets of my shorts. Then it was over to the path overlooking Lake Minnewaska to wait for the fun to begin...

JMH