Monday, May 16, 2011

1.8 Mile Walk at the Crossings of Colonie
Monday, May 16, 2011

No surprise, my legs were pretty beat today (well... I did run 21 miles and walk 7.6 miles over the last two days...) so I decided to take it easy and go for a walk after work. Ended up choosing the Crossings of Colonie just because it was close to several places where I had errands to run.

This time around I headed over to the wooded section in the southeast corner of the park. Wandered through the woods for a while, including following a couple of trails which I suspect are very unofficial. After that I headed over toward the main entrance, with a long pause to watch dozens of swallows swooping all over the place over a marshy pond. They're incredible to watch as they dive, jink, and soar, and I'm amazed there aren't any mid-air collisions. I even managed to shoot some video of them.

Incredibly there were two groups of runners in the park today - one group that seemed to be part of the class put on by Cicotti Rec Center and the other looked like it was some sort of "learn to run" program, possibly one of the ones put on by Fleet Feet Albany. Watching them almost made me wish I was running this evening... and then I'd walk up a tiny rise, feel my legs groan, and decided walking was a much better plan.

JMH