Tuesday, August 09, 2011

2.4 Mile Walk Through the Pine Hills Neighborhood of Albany
Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'd hoped to go down to Mt Washington State Forest for a long run in the woods today, but ended up sleeping late due to what currently seems a depressingly typical disrupted night's sleep and woke up to blah weather with a threat of thunderstorms later this afternoon. So, tomorrow, hopefully.

Ended up being lazy most of the day but finally kicked my backside out the door for a walk to the store and back during a break in the rain (well, it started out that way, then rained lightly for about half the time I was walking.) Took along the Kodak in case any pictures presented themselves, and ended up with a nice view of the setting sun and the rising moon over a nearby athletic park. Unfortunately, the Kodak just isn't up to the task... it's fine for basic shots and of course will be invaluable the next time I'm in either a downpour or under a waterfall, but it's woefully inadequate for the types of photos I'm used to taking. Then again, what do I expect from a $60 fixed-focus camera, compared to my $200 superzoom (which to its credit has survived adventures that would have reduced lesser cameras to scrap. Go Canon!)




JMH