Saturday, June 16, 2012

0.8 Mile Walk at Buckingham Lake
Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lots of ducks at Buckingham Lake (maybe it should be called Duck-ingham Lake?) mostly snoozing on the shore. I saw the female with a pair of youngsters, and another female with four relatively new little fuzzballs.

I suspect the work the city did to install a water fountain also involved disconnecting the three fountains - in past years the fountains would have been running by now. That may explain why the city seems to be adding algicide more often. I saw a couple of turtles today - but no sign of the many turtles I saw about a month ago when I walked there on a sunny afternoon.

I considered doing a 2nd loop around the pond, but I really wanted to get to Harbor Freight so I could get the tools I needed and get to work installing the new CD player in my Civic.

JMH