Saturday, February 20, 2016

WARMER STILL BUT CLOUDY...
11.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Saturday, February 20, 2016

Temps had risen to the low 60's by the time I packed the bike on the car and headed over to the bike path - but the sun had also been replaced by some ominous looking clouds. Just to be safe I wore my lighter tights, but I was pretty comfortable with just a long-sleeved shirt under my jacket.

No surprise, tons of people on the path, many of them totally oblivious to the fact that other people might want to use the path too. Legs were also letting me know that (1) I'd run this morning, and (2) it's been almost two weeks since I was last on my bike. But the rain mostly held off (a few sprinkles here and there) and even a short ride with tired legs on an incredibly warm late-winter day is better than not riding.

And I'm pretty sure I spotted two immature bald eagles doing a quick flyover - it was breezy so all the raptors I saw were moving at a pretty good clip.

JMH