Wednesday, March 29, 2017

AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME SUNSHINE...
16.8 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Woke up this morning and for the first time all week my quads didn't feel like they'd been beaten with a hammer. So naturally this afternoon I set about trying to change that by going on the windiest, hilliest, and longest ride so far this week.

It's amazing what a difference two days makes. I was able to ride the bike path from Lock 7 to just past the Colonie wastewater treatment plant and only had to dismount once. There were a couple of snow & ice covered stretches between there and Island View Rd (especially the hill down to the road, which gave me an excuse to walk it.) I probably could have gone further past Colonie Mohawk River Park, but I didn't want to overdo it anymore than I already was.

Hopefully this means the path west of Schenectady is mostly clear - that's where I'm hoping to ride tomnorrow.



JMH