Saturday, March 25, 2017

Long Distance 2017 - Race #4
Brrr-lingame 5mi Trail Race
Saturday, March 25, 2017


Ugh. One of the hazards of the Brrr-lingame course is that it's a 5 mile loop that 10 milers complete twice, meaning it's really easy to stop after 5 miles. Of course that may have been a real plus today given how dead my legs were feeling... no muscle, just concrete. I started out hoping they'd wake up after 2-3 miles but nope... they just got worse. So I chose discretion over valor, especially seeing as I have a point-to-point half marathon to run tomorrow...

A real shame too, because other than grey skies it was a great morning for a run... shirtsleeves warmth and not a bit of snow in sight. The trails weren't even particularly muddy.

I'd be kicking myself for coming all the way out here to run a 5 mile race except - this afternoon I'll make a visit to Trustom Pond and the Branford Trolley Trail (aka the Shoreline Greenway Trail) before I head to northeastern PA for tomorrow's half. Which, if today is anything to go by, will be very slow going indeed. (Fortunately there's a marathon going on at the same time, so I shouldn't run into any issues with the finish line closing down before I'm done.)


JMH

2017 Event Totals
Run 56.3 mi, 14 hr 37 min
Bike 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

Snowshoe 30.0 mi, 10 hr 16 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

states visited: CT, MA, NY, RI, VT