Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two and a Half Days...
Wednesday, December 14, 2011

... and I'll be once again launching myself into the great unknown... first by driving down to Virginia, a state I've never visited before, and second by attempting the Seashore Nature Trail 50k.

I have to admit, I'm more than a bit intimidated by this one... especially given my DNF's earlier in the year at Sehgahunda and Finger Lakes, and my lack of time running over the past month or so. But hopefully that mostly means I'm going in well-rested (at least in terms of my legs) and able to keep to an average pace of about 16 min/mile, which will allow me to squeak in under both the 7.5 hour (for 27.5 miles) and the 8.5 hour (for the entire distance) cutoffs.

Of course, the 9+ hour drive each way is not inconsiderable either...

JMH