Thursday, August 06, 2026

LET IT RAIN... SWEET, SWEET RAIN...
Thursday, August 6, 2026

I drove through a couple of downpours on the way back to Albany and wondered what the weather held for tonight's run... during the 2nd lap of the course, it was thundering pretty steadily and we caught occasional glimpses of lightning off in the distance, and I really hoped they weren't going to end things early. I wouldn't have minded some light rain, and that's just what we got just as I was approaching the finish line. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk back to the car and took my time in the cooling rain as other folks ran for their cars. If not for the fact that I wanted to get home to eat (and I also was a little worried the storm was going to get worse, which it did for a while on the drive home) I would have walked around in the rain for a little while longer.

And of course the whole time I was thinking of this song by Coast... the images are a bit silly at time, but I love the song.