Monday, March 06, 2006

Season of the SnōShū, weekend #10

Hawley Kiln Klassic 5K (MISSED)
Saturday, March 4, 2006

Curly's Record Run 5K at Greylock (MISSED)
Sunday, March 5, 2006

Hawley Snowshoe race info & results
Curly's Snowshoe race info & results

The Curse of the No SnōShū was briefly dispelled this weekend... apparently some parts of the Berkshires got a few inches of snow, and the decision was made to hold a modifed Hawley race and the move Curly's Record Run from Pittsfield to Mount Greylock. Conditions weren't great - but from the pictures it looks like the folks who went had a good time.

I ended up skipping both races, unfortunately. I'm currently buried under work, so spending 7 hours driving back and forth just wasn't feasible. Also, since I haven't been able to run on my snowshoes since late January, I didn't want to risk hurting myself (not with the black belt testing a week away...)

I know the folks at the WMAC Snowshoe Series are hoping to make up a few more races between now and the end of March... but I suspect the Season of the SnōShū may be just about done...

JMH

2006 racing totals
snowshoe – 3 miles, 59.5 min
running – 7.1 miles, 1 hr 17 min
riding - 12.4 miles, 1 hr 1 min