Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Long Run on a Sunny Day
3 1/2 hour run in the Albany Pine Bush Preserve

Sunday, April 9, 2006

Some good things from today's run:

Saw 5 deer at different times - they ran off a little ways and then stood there watching me stagger along. (I think they may have been quietly laughing at me. Or else wondering what the heck I was torturing myself like that!)

Sunlight drifting down through pine branches, with needles swishing underfoot. VERY peaceful and VERY pretty.

Running up hills during the first two hours without keeling over!

Ran most of the major trails in not one but two sections of the Pine Bush - that's almost my crazy Pine Bush run I dreamed up last fall!

Two hours seems to be getting more comfortable... there may be hope yet!

Being able to stop running (staggering? hobbling?) at the end!

Oh, and 3 1/2 hours HURTS too!

Next Saturday's 16 mile Northern Nipmuck Trail Race is going to be a MAJOR challenge... but at least it should give me an idea of just how painful the Nipmuck Trail Marathon might be at the end of May!

JMH