Sunday, August 13, 2006

GREAT EVENING FOR A RUN...
9 Mile Run In and Around Genesee Valley Park
Saturday, August 12, 2006

Genesee Valley Park website

Needed to get in a short-to-medium length run on some pavement to start breaking in my new Saucony Omni's (the shoes I'm planning to use for the Adirondack Marathon on September 17.) So Ann and I headed over to Genesee Valley Park, Ann with her bike and me with my shoes...

It was definitely a nice evening for a run - low humidity, not too hot, and the paths weren't too crowded (though there was lots of noise and activity at the various park shelters... parties galore.) Good running along the Genesee River and the Erie Canal. And I made decent time without feeling like my legs were totally destroyed, which bodes well for the marathon in five weeks...

JMH