Monday, September 25, 2006

ANOTHER SLOW RUN
5-6 Miles in the Albany Pine Bush
Monday, September 25, 2006

Definitely a good evening for a run - cool and sunny. As I made my way down the trails I was struck by how much I love running in the woods and how much I've missed it since the crash.

Tonight was better than Friday. I tried something a little different - since I was only doing 5 or 6 miles, I only walked when I hit a particularly steep or rugged bit, thinking that maybe part of the problem the other day was my injured muscles stiffening up when I walked. Whatever the reason, I managed to keep to a pretty consistent pace the whole time, I'm guessing about a 15 minute mile. Had the usual aches and pains at various points but nothing I couldn't manage.

Maybe there's hope for my completing the Autumn Classic long course on Sunday... but I will definitely need to resist the temptation to go too fast and run my own race, at the pace that will get me to the end. It's going to be a long morning on the trails and roads...

JMH