Wednesday, February 07, 2007

UNDER ORION'S GAZE...
10 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, February 7, 2007

During last night's run I definitely should have had my Yaktrax - it would have made running on the packed snow much easier. So tonight I slipped them on before my long run - and much of the time I think they helped. Footing in the Pine Bush was mixed - much of the trails were under packed snow, but some areas had barely any snow or were entirely bare.

One of the coolest sights of the night was looking up through the trees and seeing that some of the clouds had cleared and the constellation Orion was shining brightly overhead.

The last couple of miles were tough... I definitely have a lot of work to do before I'm ready for the Eastern States 20 Miler and the Nipmuck Marathon...

JMH