Tuesday, March 13, 2007

11.3 Mile Ride on a Warm March Evening
Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Even though I'm going to be doing a long run (16-17 miles) tomorrow night, the weather was simply too good to pass up... so I geared up and broke out the Dawes and spent a little over three quarters of an hour riding the back roads near the karate school. What with all the snow melt, in places it was pretty wet, and I ended up with water and mud all up and down my back. But the weather was great, and it sure felt good to be out riding again. I'm definitely looking forward to more consistent warm weather so I can get back to alternating riding with running!

And in case I haven't said it before - I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have done this ride at this time of the day a week ago... at least not safely!

Now I just have to survive tomorrow night... I suspect it's going to hurt. A lot.

JMH