Sunday, April 15, 2007

APRIL SHOWERS BRING ... ICE AND SLUSH
Sunday, April 15, 2007

Perhaps it's just as well my car isn't working properly, because no doubt I would have driven down to Schodack Island State Park (not as bad as it sounds... only about 20 minutes to half an hour away) and run the 5th Annual Dodge the Deer 5k trail race in the rain and snow.

Instead, I was a lazy bum around here... motivation has been seriously lacking. All day today it's been raining, snowing, sleeting, raining, non-stop. I ducked my head out the door this morning when it was snowing and was tempted to get out then... but by the time I was ready to gear up, it had changed to freezing rain and the sidewalks were pretty treacherous. So I settled for moving my car, pulling a few more things out of the trunk, and coming back indoors.

So now, no matter what the weather's like tomorrow night, I need to get out for a medium-long (12 miles or so) run after work. Though perhaps I shouldn't issue challenges like that to the weather-gods, given the frustrating way the weekend's gone so far... but regardless, I need to get back to putting in distance, if I want to have any prayer of finishing NIPMUCK.

JMH