Saturday, May 26, 2007

6 Mile Run Along the Genesee Valley Greenway
Saturday, May 26, 2007

I had originally planned to run last night, but it was just too hot... so after working much of the morning and spending 4+ hours in the car to get to Rochester, I braved the wrath of a grumpy girlfriend and headed over to the Greenway for a short run. (I'd been hoping she could ride her bike along the path as I ran, but apparently two days of vigorous yard work had left her too sore and tired.)

It was actually a nice evening for a run, and the Greenway is usually a pretty nice place to round up some "easy" miles (since it's relatively flat and smooth) but tonight's run was complicated by an extremely acidic stomach, brought on (I suspect) from too much iced tea and soda earlier in the day followed by too much trail mix during the drive. So I shortened the run from 9 miles to 6, and ended up back a little sooner than Ann expected... probably a good thing all around.

JMH