Tuesday, June 19, 2007

JEDI TURTLE OR WHEEL REBUILDER?
Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Took my wheel apart last night to replace the snapped spoke, and ended up replacing a whole bunch of spokes (in hopes of eliminating snapping spokes for the immediate future.) Got up this morning and said what the heck, and replaced all the remaining original spokes on that wheel, then spent a while doing my best to true it. Later today I'll give the bike a test ride and we'll see just how good a wheel rebuilder I am...

Ann's theory was that once I replaced all the original spokes, the new ones would start breaking. Hopefully she's wrong... otherwise it will be time for me to admit defeat and take the wheel to the bike shop to have them adjust it (since continued spoke breaks would probably mean that I'm cranking them too tight or something.)

JMH