Wednesday, June 13, 2007

TIRED LEGS
8 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I haven't been running over in the Karner Barrens since April, when I ran through them on several occasions on my way to classes. They're not too rough... a few small hills, but nothing too bad - so before classes last night I ran most of the trails over there, as well as two connector trails over toward the Fox Run Estates and Old State Rd.

Along the way, I startled a deer, a turkey (twice!), and several rabbits. That's me, the scourge of wildlife everywhere.

The most noticeable thing about the run is how tired my legs were, despite my not having done much of anything since Saturday's race and riding. Guess Nipmuck is still with me... should make for an interesting time at Greylock this Sunday.

JMH