Monday, July 30, 2007

7.5 Mile Run at Black Creek Park
Monday, July 30, 2007

Black Creek Park trail map (PDF)

While Ann went to her nephew's soccer game, I managed to get in a short run at Black Creek Park, where I almost always find the trails to be deceptively challenging. Maybe it's frequent short hills or the fact that about 50% of any run there is on grass... in any case, tonight's run was a workout but definitely not a killer. Of course, I jinxed myself by not taking spare socks and shoes with me - after all, how wet could the trails be? The answer is, bone dry. The place where I had to wade a creek because of a collapsed bridge, on the other hand, was very wet and muddy!

Tonight's run was also fun because I ran a new trail that Ann and I discovered last winter while snowshoeing... nice wooded rocky singletrack. That enabled me to run the usual perimeter loop plus an extra 2 miles or so. Spotted five deer during the run... and lots of frogs while sloshing through the stream!

JMH