Saturday, August 18, 2007

12.1 Mile Ride at the Corning Preserve & Schuyler Flatts Cultural Park
Saturday, August 18, 2007

photo slideshow

I know, 12 miles is a pretty wimpy ride, but I wanted to give my legs a bit of a break the day before Savoy...

Not as many people on the path today, probably because it was a bit breezy and chilly.





I used this ride to test two new pieces of riding clothing from Nashbar - I ended up really liking their trail jersey (really, a technical fabric T-shirt that's a bit longer than the typical T and has a long zippered pocket across the lower back) but I found the trail shorts to be a bit of a disappointment, mainly because the chamois is fairly thin. They worked fine for a short ride, but I suspect I'd get uncomfortable on a longer ride. I suppose I should reserve judgement until I've tried them on my ATB, which has a different style seat than my road bike...





JMH