Thursday, October 25, 2007

11.9 Mile Ride at the Corning Preserve & Schuyler Flatts
Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another day where it was pleasantly warm when I walked to my car from work and downright chilly once I finally got out to ride. Saved a little time (possibly very little, given traffic through downtown Albany) by heading down to the Corning Preserve and then spent about an hour trying to beat the loss of daylight. (And I succeeded... I could still see the path when I got back to the car... but I'm glad I wasn't out there 15 minutes later...)

Saw the three deer again that were there almost two weeks ago, when I rode after the Mohawk Towpath Byway Duathlon... I actually stopped and stood there for about five minutes watching them eat. I guess I was quiet enough that I didn't startle them in the first place, though periodically they'd stare at me and I suspect try to figure out what I was. One meandered to within about 10 feet of me before deciding to head off in another direction. Pretty cool...

Don't know if I'll get out tomorrow evening... got lots to do before Ann gets here. But at least I know I'll be going for a run on Sunday...

JMH