Wednesday, December 05, 2007

ICY SIDEWALKS
6.5 Mile Run Along the Streets of Albany
Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'd had originally planned to head over to the Pine Bush for my run tonight, but between staying late at school and having a lot of work to prep for tomorrow, I couldn't spare the 40-50 minutes it would have taken to drive to and from the trailhead... so I headed out on the sidewalks around here instead. A run around Albany is better than no run at all...

Monday's storm dropped mostly ice around here, and a lot of it is still on the sidewalks... makes me glad I tried to get rid of as much of it on the sidewalk in front of my place.

For a little variety I decided to run one of my loops backwards... not only did that give me the desired variety, but it also left me running into the wind on two of the long straight streets over by the Academies. Now I know why I usually run those in the opposite direction...

JMH