Friday, January 04, 2008

Feathered Friends
Friday, January 4, 2008

One of the things I enjoy about being at Ann's house is the birds. I tried having a bird feeder in my backyard in Albany, but never really saw much variety in its visitors (when I saw any visitors at all!)

Ann has a tree in her front yard with some type of small cherry-like fruits, and she's also hung a suet feeder in the tree right in front of her living room window, so during the day I've been able to sit and watch the birds. I'm not sure exactly why I find them so fascinating (maybe something's rubbed off on me during my years of living with cats) but I can sit and watch them for hours... or at least until I get up to try to take a picture and they fly away!















I enjoyed watching the birds so much that I picked up a small seed feeder to hang in the tree as well... perhaps it will attract some additional feathered friends to Ann's front yard (in addition to the ever-present squirells, of course!)

JMH