Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Brief Walk Outdoors... Sort Of.
Saturday, February 9, 2008

Last night ended up being a bust for getting outside... too much to do getting ready to leave town for the weekend. Driving to Utica and spending the early afternoon in a staff meeting was frustrating on what I considered to be a fairly nice day (not too cold and even snowing lightly at times!) After the meeting Ann and I headed to Rochester... in the rain. So much for my plans to stop somewhere and get outside for a few minutes on the way.

We ended up having dinner at the Fairport Village Inn... a nice little restaurant on Main Street in Fairport, not far from where the old Rochester karate school used to be. I was a bit surprised to see that the town still had lots of holiday lights up... so after dinner I parked the car and while Ann waited (she had no interest in walking around in the cold just to see some lights) I wandered around for a few minutes and snapped some pictures. Not what I would have preferred, but better than nothing, I guess.







JMH