Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yes, I'm Nuts (Part 3)
Saturday, February 16, 2007

Next weekend there are three snowshoe races on the calendar: Greylock on Saturday morning (where I'll be running the killer 8 mile course) and Hallockville Pond on Sunday (which I'm not sure I'll be running.) And a new race, the Kingman Farm Moonlight 5k, in Madbury, NH, on Saturday evening.

I've looked at the info for the Kingman Farm race several times, and considered doing it despite the distance (it's roughly 4 1/2 hours from Albany.) But it always came back to the concept of driving all that way for a 5k... it just doesn't make sense.

Which, of course, is precisely why I registered for the race this morning.

I may reconsider and just write off the registration fee (it was fairly inexpensive) especially if I'm feeling fried after trudging around the slopes of Greylock. But right now it's quite possible that I'll spend somewhere between 3 and 4 hours at Greylock Saturday morning and then head for 3 1/2 hours east to run in New Hampshire.

Nuts, nuts, nuts!

JMH