Monday, March 24, 2008

So THAT'S What Running Again Feels Like...
6 Mile Run Along the Genesee Valley Greenway
Monday, March 24, 2008

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Hack. Cough.

That's what running again feels like.

The Greenway was a mix of mud and ice... I almost wished I'd worn my screw shoes. But I lucked out... after a grey morning the sun came out and I was able to run in the sunshine, which made it much easier to keep going.

Coughing kicked in early on, and I ended up doing most of the run with a cough drop in my mouth. Ugh.

I startled two groups of deer... the first when I tried to take a picture (they were lying down in a field) and was surprised to see just how many popped up and ran off. The second group was off in the swampy thickets near the Thruway, and I might not have even noticed them if they hadn't run off.

One of the great things about the warmer weather is all the birds... even when I couldn't see them I could hear them all around. Including a woodpecker tapping away at several trees along the path.

The other thing running again feels like... it feels good.

JMH