Friday, April 18, 2008

6 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Friday, April 18. 2008

What a great evening for a run... warm and sunny! The trees and bushes are budding and the woods are turning green again (well, except for the places designated for "habitat restoration"... it'll be a few years before those spots are truly green again.)

I even managed do do a "good deed" tonight... shortly after starting my run I spotted a cell phone on the path and tucked it in my waist pack, figuring I'd leave it at the trail head when I was done... then half a mile or so later, I came up behind some walkers and decided to ask if either of them had lost a phone, and one of them had. He seemed pretty pleased to get it back!

Didn't spot any deer tonight, and the peepers were a bit subdued... but the muskrat was very busy, and I must have spent a good ten minutes watching him and trying to get a decent picture (no luck... it was too dark and he was too far away.) I also heard an owl calling while I was watching him... pretty neat!

It was getting well into dusk for the last part of my run, and I had a nice view of the moon coming up through the trees... a great ending to a good time out on the trails.

JMH