Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OWLS!
6 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Wednesday, April 30, 3008

Didn't run as far as I'd hoped to tonight, in part because I got a late start and it got pretty darn cold as the sun started to go down. But as I was heading out on my final loop, I saw a large bird fly from a tree near the trail to one a bit further in the woods, and as I watched it I realized it was an owl! So I did my best to creep closer and tried to get some pictures. As I was doing so - another one flew up from the ground and perched in a tree nearby! Yet another occasion when I wish there was an easy way to carry binoculars with me while I'm running in the woods...

I watched them for a while and then headed on my way, since it was getting darker and chillier all the time. So I may not have gone as far as I wanted to... but it was still pretty darn cool all the same.

JMH