Monday, June 23, 2008

6 Mile Ride at Genesee Valley Park
Monday, June 23, 2008

Legs were feeling pretty beat up, so I decided to go with an easy day on the bike... ended up doing a very short ride around Genesee Valley Park just before picking Ann up at work. Along the way I saw several groups of ducklings and even a wood duck with two ducklings out in the river.









There's far too much construction going on along the western shore of the river - the University of Rochester is building a massive hotel complex, and there's also an upscale apartment/condo complex being built a little further along the river, in place of what used to be woods. Personally I say we need more woods and fewer buildings.









I almost snapped some good photos of a pair of northern flickers while I was riding along the wooded section of the path... unfortunately, when I stopped a deerfly or a bee flew down into one of the my helmet vents and started buzzing around and I was too busy trying to get my helmet off without dropping the camera! By the time I got my act back together, all the activity had scared them off... though I did get a few photos of one a little while later.





JMH