Tuesday, July 01, 2008

6.4 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spent the afternoon fixing the fence in the backyard... hopefully the brats next door will refrain from knocking out the slats this time around. By the time I was done there wasn't time to get in a run before stopping by the kids' karate class, so I hit the trails afterwards, even though it meant I'd be doing part of my run in the dark.





Legs were tired with a few sore spots from Sunday's long haul over at Beartown... now I have to decide if I want to do one more short run this week or wait until the Finger Lakes Fifties 25k Saturday morning.

Spent part of my run on the closed blue and yellow trails... parts are getting a bit overgrown, hope they finish the "habitat restoration" soon. Looks like they're stripping down a portion of the hill between the blue trail and the yellow trail. There was really only one tricky bit where the work spilled across the yellow trail.





Pluses to running at dusk/after dark - it was fairly cool, and I got to see lots of fireflies! I also spotted a large wolf spider - their eyes glow turquoise in the reflected light - and it paused long enough for me to snap a picture.



JMH