Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6.3 Mile Run at Genesee Valley Park
Wednesday, July 30, 3008







Ann had a softball game at Genesee Valley Park, so the easiest thing to do was to drive her over there and run around the park while she played. Legs felt tired and creaky during much of the run... didn't really seem to loosen up until the last mile or so.









Along the way I ran along red Creek, the Erie Canal, and the Genesee River... passed a few other folks out walking or riding, and a group rowing at the Waterways Center. Also passed a couple of bunnies and even saw a flicker (who headed for high branches as soon as I stopped to take his picture.)







I used this run to test out my new hand-held water bottle (a GoLite Hydro Clutch)... I've generally liked my other handheld, a Nathan QuickDraw Plus, but I'm not that crazy about the Nathan bottle and my Golite bottles don't really fit the QuickDraw holder. Unfortunately, the Hydro Clutch doesn't seem to fit the GoLite bottle all that well either, but maybe I just need to get used to it.





JMH