Thursday, August 28, 2008

13 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, August 28, 2008

The first day of pre-school-year meetings finished early enough that I had some time between getting home and teaching class at the karate school, so I loaded the bike on the car and headed over to the bike path to get in a short easy ride (my legs were feeling a bit tired after the last three days of riding and running...) Naturally I ended up pushing harder than I intended... the overcast weather helped, since there wasn't much temptation to stop and snap photos.









Probably the coolest part of the ride was the very end, when I got back to the Niskayuna Lions Park and spotted what looked like a cormorant at the edge of the water down at the boat launch. Parked the bike and made my way carefully down there... definitely a cormorant! Initially he hopped in the water and swam out a bit, then submerged and came up a little ways away... when he saw I was still there he took off, flying downstream until I couldn't see him anymore.

















JMH