Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A GOOD NIGHT FOR A RUN!
10.3 Mile Run on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Tuesday, September 16, 2008



I don't know if it was all the sleep I got last night or the cool temperatures or running in the dark... but tonight was just a good night for a run. On several occasions when I checked my Garmin I was doing between 10 and 11 minute miles... a positively bookin' pace for me. Or maybe it's running on the nice smooth bike path - after all the gnarly trails I've run in the past few months, the bike path almost seems too easy sometimes!





I did get off to a slow start, first because there was a heron and an egret at the edge of the canoe launch, so I had to get some pictures... and even after they flew off, there were two green herons who seemed incredibly nonchalant about my presence... though they both took off when an oblivious bimbo yacking on her bloody cell phone came crashing down the path with her dog.





After a short warmup walk down the path, I made a side trip to snap some shots of the abundant yellow flowers, then finally started the actual running, though I did take a break about 2 miles later to get some photos of the sunset over the river. After that I was able to concentrate on running until the last few miles, when I paused a few times to try to get pictures of the moon... in the process I found a setting on my camera that I think works better for that than the one I'd been using previously, which is pretty cool.







One more run to go, probably tomorrow night in the Pine Bush... and then I give my running legs a rest until Saturday's half marathon in Maine.





JMH