Saturday, September 06, 2008

RAIN & LAZINESS
Saturday, September 6, 2008

At various points throughout the early afternoon it sounded like the rain had eased up quite a bit... but when I went out to retrieve my car (ended up parking a ways away last night because of all the stupid college kids parking on my street so they could walk over to Madison and get drunk) it was raining steadily enough that I bailed on my plans to go for a ride in the drizzle. Shame I have a race tomorrow... this would have been a nice cool day to go for a run.

So this has now become one of those days where it's tough to summon up the motivation to do much of anything... oh, well. I should make up for it tomorrow, with 13 miles of running in Pittsfield State Forest, possibly a short hike to see Balance Rock in the summer (I went there last January after a snowshoe race), and probably a 22 mile ride along the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail... assuming it's not still raining...

JMH