Thursday, October 23, 2008

COLD AND DARK
5.7 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Thursday, October 23, 2008

No time to get in a decent run before class, so I hit the trails afterwards in total darkness (well... I did have my headlamp.) Started out chilly, then warmed up a bit, then got colder as the temperature dropped even more... I'm pretty sure I saw 30 degrees on the bank thermometer as I was driving home...

Looks like the folks who manage the Pine Bush are re-routing the yellow trail to follow the edge of the newly-cleared area for a little ways. Looking at the boundary marker signs, I suspect that the old route actually left official preserve territory for a short distance and they're trying to fix that... which would also explain why they've never blocked the two access trails from Guilderland Elementary.

JMH