Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bummer... Final Holiday Classic 5k Postponed
Saturday, December 20, 2008

10 years ago I ran the Holiday Classic 5k at Columbia-Greene Community College... at that time it was the shortest race I'd ever run. I popped my knee the Thursday prior to the race and somehow still managed to run the fastest pace I'd ever done up to that point (somewhere between 8 and 8:30's.) I haven't run it since... the course isn't all that interesting, and I tend not to run 5k's since I'm slow, slow, slow and there's not much opportunity for my endurance to play a role for such a short distance. But when I heard that this year would be the last time the race would be held, I decided to give it a go.

Unfortunately, the storms sweeping through the northeast this weekend have resulted in the race being postponed until next Sunday, when I'm hoping to be in Woodford running the first snowshoe race of the season. Bummer. If Woodford is snowless then I'll head south for the Holiday Classic... but as it stands right now it looks like the RT Turkey Run was my last running race of 2008.

JMH