Thursday, January 22, 2009

3.9 Mile Snowshoe Run in the Pine Bush
Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not a lot of time to run before class tonight, but then I really didn't want to run myself into the ground anyways, not with two races coming up this weekend. So I headed over to the Pine Bush and ran part of the Brave the Blizzard course before heading off along the power lines to run a trail I don't do very often, mainly because it's all out in the open and there are two very steep hills to climb. I guess tonight I just felt like doing something different, and I think it was a good choice, because I had fun running (and walking) that stretch.

Lots of XC skiers out tonight... I must have passed 8 or 10 in the hour I was in the woods. Maybe someday I'll be good enough on my skis to go out at night, but that's definitely not the case right now.

Of course, the problem with short runs like this is, just when it starts feeling good (after 40-45 minutes) it's time to wrap things up, and tonight was no exception. I would have liked to keep going but I really needed to get over to the school to help with karate classes. At least I have more fun in the snow to look forward to this weekend...

JMH