Saturday, January 31, 2009

February Already?
Saturday, January 31, 2009

January has just flown by... but it's been a good month. For the first time in years we've had what I consider a real winter, with pretty consistent snow for much of the month. In four years of snowshoe running, I can't remember a race season where we've managed to hold this many races in January... so far the only ones that have been cancelled were the Savoy events, and that was because of damage from December's ice storm, not lack of snow. Along the way we've even had two brand new races!

I'm definitely running stronger than I did previous years... so far, I've run five races that I'd done previously, and I've managed to run a lower time in all five... anywhere from 5 minutes at Frozen Assets to a whopping 20 minutes at I Love Woodford. It will be interesting to see if I can shave some time off at tomorrow's race in Saratoga... for the past two years I've been very consistent, and I pushed pretty hard both times...

JMH