Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No Run Tonight for the Turtle...
But a New Adventure May Be Looming...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

After spending the day sitting through a not-terribly-exciting seminar on Emotional Literacy for Educators (wahoo) and seeing the sun shining bright and beautiful outside, I was really looking forward to going for a run after work. At least, before my digestive system kicked in with some grumbling that made me think 6-8 miles of pounding the pavement wouldn't be the best plan for this evening. Bleah.

Later in the evening I was looking at races in Maine (the one state in New England that I don't have several racing options for 2009) and stumbled across the website for the Pineland Farms Winter Triathlon on Sunday, March 1. 4k snowshoe, 10k mountain bike (on roads), and 8k XC ski... the skiing would probably take me as long as the other two legs combined, but it strikes me as an intriguing possibility.

JMH