Wednesday, March 11, 2009

6.2 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's more than a bit ironic that here we are the first week into Daylight Savings Time (hurray!) and both my runs have ended up happening after dark...

Tonight I hit the trails over in the Karner Barrens sections of the Pine Bush. I used the run to start breaking in a new pair of Adidas Supernova Trail shoes... right now the plan is to use my Vasque Blurs for rugged trails (they have great traction!) and the Adidas' on easier trails, like the ones in the Pine Bush. The shoes felt fine right out of the box, though there was enough ice in spots that I found myself wishing I'd worn my screw shoes instead...

Toward the end of the run the moon was rising... much of the time it was behind the clouds, but once or twice I had a great view of a gorgeous yellow moon shining brightly over the Pine Bush...

Legs are definitely feeling the effects of 20k in two nights, so I think tomorrow I'll put in a few miles on one of my bikes instead.

JMH