Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1.5 Mile Wander Around Lake Minnewaska
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

At least this year's pre-race wander was dry and sunny!

Nothing unusual, I just wandered up to the cliffs overlooking the lake and out to the overlook where I could see the ridge heading off toward Skytop and mountains far off in the distance to the east... after I changed into my running gear I walked down the Sunset Carriageway a ways to check out the view off to the west.

Unfortunately I didn't leave the house early enough to stop at the lower lot and walk down to Awosting Falls... given the water I was seeing everywhere else I suspect they're pretty impressive right now. I may try to get back down to Minnewaska next week for some riding and hiking, while the laurel is still blooming and the water is (hopefully) still high...

No surprise, the 'Gunks remain one of my favorite places to visit!

JMH