Monday, August 17, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...
Monday, August 17, 2009

I've got some decisions to make this week...

(1) do I go to the Green Lakes 50k at the end of this month and run as many loops as I can, or do I request to withdraw and free up a spot for someone else... I have to admit I'm a bit surprised that there are still spots left, I expected the race fields to be full by now.

(2) Do I run the Pisgah Mountain 23k the 2nd weekend of September... or do I attempt the Rochester Marathon? The latter has two big pluses - I've never been there, and I know I can finish the distance (between 14-15 miles.) Rochester is a slightly crazy thought but... it might be doable, and I can always have Ann meet me at one of the parks late in the race and get a ride home if I decide I can't finish. I also need to get in some long runs before November's Bobcat Trail Marathon... and while Rochester is a road race, it definitely qualifies as a long run...

Fortunately, after mid-September my race schedule is set for a while... no more tough choices until October...

And as I always try to remind myself... if these are the most important decisions I have to make in the immediate future... I've got it pretty darn good.

JMH