Sunday, January 17, 2010

CRITTERS, CRITTERS EVERYWHERE...
Sunday, January 17, 2010

While I was running Ann walked down to the trailhead we parked at a few weeks ago and spent some time feeding the chickadees... good thing too, because when we went back after the race not only was there a small crowd of people there with seed, but the little guys were apparently pretty full, since they weren't nearly as quick to come to us for food.

And it wouldn't be a trip to Mendon with seeing at least a few deer... there were two in the woods near the trailhead when we pulled up, and then later as were were leaving the park there were about half a dozen foraging right near the park office. Traffic was pretty busy at that spot, what with all the events going on for the annual Mendon Winterfest, so I didn't get any photos.

I did stop when we passed a small, mostly frozen pond on the way home and saw geese all over the ice... once we pulled over we saw why, one end was open water and some of the geese and a few ducks were splashing around. I suspect Ann just shook her head at my stopping to take more pictures of geese and ducks, but for whatever reason the scene struck me enough that I was willing to delay lunch for a few minutes to get some pictures.

JMH