Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Qualifying for Nationals...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

... or not qualifying, in my case. Sunday the preliminary results looked good, with my squeaking into the last spot, but the official results have been released and I guess there were USSSA members who hadn't been counted, because now I'm too far down the list.

I'm planning to run the Camp Saratoga race in mid-February which is another chance - but it's a big enough race that my chances of qualifying are probably slim. And I don't know that I want to skip one of the other races I'd been planning to do (mostly local events where I get to see my friends) just to drive a long way to a qualifier where the result will probably be the same as this past Sunday.

In the grand scheme of things it's pretty insignificant... but I did find the idea of running at Nationals exciting (even though I'd no doubt be far behind everybody else) so finding out today that I didn't was a bit of a bummer. So it goes...

JMH