Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Cool...
Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sunday's Moody Spring snowshoe race got a write-up on the Runner's World website... the article also mentions Brad Herder's short but hilarious Youtube video of our descent off of Rounds Rock at the Moby Dick snowshoe race the weekend before.

While I didn't think Moody was as difficult as Jeff Dengate describes it, it's worth noting that (1) he came in 5th in 1 hr 5 min, I came in 49th in 1 hr 45 min, and (2) I had over 50 people ahead of me stomping down the trail before I got there... and I still found it very slow going. But maybe I was just saving my energy for Nationals this weekend...

It's hard to believe that in a few more weeks my 5th season of snowshoe racing will be coming to a close... seems like it was only a few short weeks ago that we ran the first race of the season at Woodford!

JMH