Friday, April 30, 2010

2.2 Mile Walk at Five Rivers
Friday, April 30, 2010





Two things stand out from my walk at Five Rivers EEC tonight (besides being surrounded by all sorts of critters and lots of beautiful nature.)





Going through the apple orchard at the start of my walk and being surrounded by the scent of apple blossoms. No deer there this evening, but it was still wonderful.







Sitting on a bench at the far end of Beaver Pond (now aptly named) and watching a beaver swim around in the water nearby, then duck under repeatedly and come up with a bit of vegetation in his front paws, which he proceeded to munch away on while floating there. He must have repeated that well over a dozen times before I decided it was getting dark enough that I should get up and leave... at which point a second beaver and a muskrat dived into the water from their spots on the shore nearby; I'd been watching the first beaver intently enough that I never even noticed the other beaver and the muskrat come up on the shore to get a bite to eat.







-JMH