Wednesday, July 21, 2010

16 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ann was a very good sport this afternoon about going over to the bike path to sit and read again while I took the bike out for a spin... so unlike yesterday, when I stopped to take plenty of pictures, today I mostly concentrated on riding and kept up a pretty darn good pace (for me, at least) similar to what I expect to do during Sunday's du at Presque Isle State Park in PA.



Of course, that doesn't mean I was totally oblivious to my surroundings... on my way back to the park the second time I was treated to a nice view of a heron surrounded by ducks, lit by the orange glow of the setting sun, and when I rode back out toward the Niska-Isle bridge to get my mileage over 15 miles I discovered that one of the eagles was perched in their typical spot out on the river...



It felt good to get my legs moving at a pace faster than a walk again... they're tired but that's a good feeling too.

JMH